Thursday, January 7, 2010

yardsale/swap

This Saturday I am attempting to have a collective yard sale/swap. Some people will be selling things they have made as well, so I think it'll be jolly good. My friend, Olivia, and I made some flyers with information


So, if you're interested you should stop by and bring some stuff to sell or trade if you want.

On another note, I am also attempting to undergo the "detox" known as the Master Cleanse. I don't have a particularly good explanation for why I am doing this. Perhaps it is to mock starving children in Africa and claim that I do these kinds of things for fun.
I have heard a few people mention it in conversation in the past and I know a few people who have completed/attempted to complete the Master Cleanse, and with it being the beginning of 2010, I figured I might as well give it a go. (Sensible people take up hobbies like knitting or jogging.. but I am not so wise.)
Anyway, it is currently day 6 without food, and I can't say that I feel "detoxed." Mostly, I just feel tired and oddly enough, I have not been too hungry. This is probably the longest time period in wich I have voluntarily decided not to consume food.
... Although the Master Cleanse booklet states that you should be able to go about your daily activities with just as much energy as usual, but I beg to differ. Riding my bike has been more difficult and my legs have been cramping badly. Plus, I am reaaaaaalllly cold (doing this in the winter is a BAD CHOICE.) Working at a job where it is my duty to bake cookies has been a little strange too.

I'm not sure if I will do this for the recommended 10 days because I think I am starting to get sick (which may or may not be a result of the "Master Cleanse.") I'll probably stick it out until the end of tomorrow so that I can say I did it for at least week. If I gain some sense of enlightenment or well-being I'll be sure to document it, but for now I am just cold and tired.

3 comments:

  1. ooo! i did the master cleanse...aka the cayenne pepper lemonade diet (sometimes i used limes). i wasn't really hungry either, it was amazing. but i worked at groucho's and the food was tantalizing. i was planning on doing it for 2 weeks but quit after 10 days because my brother bet me 10$ that i couldn't last 10 days...which, for money, i can.

    at the end of it i felt accomplished, somewhat cleansed (albeit i also quit smoking for the time period) and CRAVED vegetables...which is cool by me. i remember it like yesterday...the first thing i ate was a spinach quesadia from Monterrey's....

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm quesadilla..
    yeah, I thought about what I wanted to eat when I've finished the MC.. mostly I've been craving vegetables.. or potatoes or rice.
    I'm probably quitting after today because I am kind of sick. It has been an interesting experience though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear stranger,

    Internet lurking took me to your blog. I feel creepy and stalker-ish, but we have mutual friends so it isn't so random.

    I tried the cleanse a couple of years ago and it resulted in three days of dying. My friend, Claire, had amazing results. A group of us did it together and kept a blog about the successes and failures. If you are interested: http://mastaclenz.blogspot.com/

    Good luck and I hope it makes you feel great instead of terrible!

    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete